What is INFORMS?
The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to and promoting best practices and advances in operations research, management science, and analytics to improve operational processes, decision-making, and outcomes
Women in Operations Research and Management Science
*To encourage interest in the field of operations research and the management sciences
*To encourage discussion and interaction among individuals having interest in the issues facing women and their relationship to the profession of operations research and the management sciences
*To advise the INFORMS Board on aspects of issues facing women in the profession of operations research and the management sciences and to keep the INFORMS Board apprised of developments in this area
Our team is actively involved in serving for variety of community activities within (INFORMS) professional organization.
- Serving as 2020 President for Women in Operations Research and Management Science (WORMS) at INFORMS.
- Board member at the INFORMS Analytics Society Working Group
- Board Member of the Professional Development Committee
- Coaching Industry Analytics team in Innovative Applications in Analytics Award competition to become one of the top teams and publish their work in Journal on Applied Analytics (previously INTERFACES) the most prestigious practitioner’s journals of INFORMS
- Serving as elected President for Women in Operations Research and Management Science (WORMS) at INFORMS. This includes 3 years of service (2019-2021) .
- Serving as elected Vice President of Meetings for Women in Operations Research and Management Science (WORMS) at INFORMS.
- Serving as an Industry Liaison for WORMS at INFORMS.
- Chairing and organizing scientific sessions at the Annual Meetings (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Chairing and organizing Future Practitioners Colloquium (2013, 2014)
- Mentoring Young Professional within WORMS Mentoring Program - If you are INFORMS member and looking for mentorship or are interested in becoming a mentor, or both sign up here.
- Participating in Panel discussions
INFORMS Annual Conference 2020 - President of WORMS
Tune in throughout the year for great events happening at the WORMS community
INFORMS Annual Conference 2019 - Seattle, WA - President-elect of WORMS
Word from Incoming President of WORMS
Moderated Panel: He for She, What does it mean for us at INFORMS
INFORMS Annual Conference 2016 - Nashville , TN - Industry Liaison of WORMS
Panelist WORMS: Achieving Professional Success by Managing the Work/Life Balance
Women in OR/MS Awards Ceremony Luncheon - Speech to Recognize Monsanto Travel Award Winners
INFORMS Annual Conference 2015 - Philadelphia, PA - Industry Liaison of WORMS
Panelist on Special Panel on 20th Year Anniversary of WORMS: Strategies for Advancing Women in OR/MS
© 2020 MagAnalytics LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.